[SOLVED] Howto J-link with NXP ls1021a?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Howto J-link with NXP ls1021a?

I am new to Segger and purchased a J-Link. I am trying to connect to a NXP ls1021atwr board. It is a Cortex A7 dual core. It is not listed in supported devices. I have been told I can use the J-link anyway. How do I do it?
  • Have you read Reference Manual?

Hello

I don't have this board. but I think you need to have an adapter board to Cortex Debug 10-pin.

farnell.com/datasheets/1851707.pdf
    Section 2.20 JTAG port.

Please get an adapter board which converts "Standard JTAG 20-pin" to "Cortex Debug 10-pin", by googling.

Segger also has one:

segger.com/products/debug-prob…s/9-pin-cortex-m-adapter/

By the way, I am not sure software support for this processor.

Best regards,
    Shoji
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    NXP ls1021 support is currently not available.
    But we have eval boards in house so support will be added eventually. Currently there is no fixed timeframe for that. My guess would be Q1 or Q2 of 2018, but this is not officially confirmed so take that with a grain of salt.

Cortex-A7 debug support is generally implemented. For some devices it is as simple as choosing Cortex-A7 as the device and try to connect.
    Should that not work you will need to write a custom connect sequence for that particular chip.
    That can be done using our scriptfile interface described in the user manual.
    How to add the new device to our software is described here: wiki.segger.com/Adding_Support_for_New_Devices

Examples for other A7 connect sequences with multiple cores can be found in the J-Link installation folder under Devices/
    Keep in mind that this examples will most likely not work 1:1 with your device so see what the user manual of the target device suggests for connection.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.