[SOLVED] Debugging library functions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Debugging library functions

Hello,

I am playing around with the Embedded Studio and have been very impressed with what i have seen so far. I am still only using the simulator instead of actual hardware and had one question about the simulator.

When i debug my application, I see that functions like malloc are directly linked to via pre compiled libraries. As a result, I cannot see where in source sode a problem occurs. I can step through the assembly code but that is not much help. Is there a way to force embedded studio to compile the libraries everytime so that the source code for such functions is also visible during debug?

Best regards,
    szoshi
  • Hello szoshi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The libraries are proprietary and closed source so it is not possible to debug the source.
    But generally malloc does what malloc is expected to do.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for the clarification. I was asking since I have had instances in the past (with other hardware/software) where faulty project settings were leading to malloc failing. Following the malloc code helped me to track my problem. I just wanted to check if there was something I was overlooking. Now that I know this I can try to debug my applications with a different approach.
  • Hello szoshi,

Should you stumble across a problem that is 100% related to one of our library functions feel free to contact us about such an issue and we will fix the issue in a timely manner.

This question will now be considered as answered.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.