[SOLVED] Ozone not showing all peripherals

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone not showing all peripherals

Currently checking out Ozone version 2.52d
    Using jLink EDU and thus just the eval.

The device is STM32F407VGT

Everything works fine but i noticed that the peripherals register view only shows USART 1, 2 and 6. The others are gone.
    The correct device is set

Project.SetDevice ("STM32F407VG");

And the following SVD files are loaded

Project.AddSvdFile ("Cortex-M4F.svd");
    Project.AddSvdFile ("/opt/SEGGER/ozone/2.52.4/Config/Peripherals/STM32F407IG.svd");

Is this a known limitation or even a bug? I was intended to look at some code using USART3 and check that the registry was set correctly, but .... :S

I noticed that only one SVD file for 407 was available and it has the IG and not the VG extension. But according to datasheet for 407 they should all have all the 6 USART/UART's available, so I do not think this should be an issue.

From datasheet:
    "The STM32F405xx and STM32F407xx embed four universal synchronous/asynchronous
    receiver transmitters (USART1, USART2, USART3 and USART6) and two universal
    asynchronous receiver transmitters (UART4 and UART5)."

Best regards
    Vidar

The post was edited 2 times, last by zainka ().

• Hello Vidar,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The svd files shipped with Ozone are only there for reference and are not kept up to date.
    So it is quite possible that some registers are missing.
    To get the latest svd file for your device please contact the MCU manufacturer as we also use the original sources from ST in this case.

EDIT: For future reference we have updated the shipped svd file which will be available with the next Ozone release version.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.