[SOLVED] Low-level JTAG: setting JLink TMS, TCK, TDI high/low

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Low-level JTAG: setting JLink TMS, TCK, TDI high/low

I need to work with low-level JTAG. I've seen the the JTAGLoad facility, for SVF tests, but what I need is the ability to see what is shifted out of TDO (when this is unknown), not just test if it equals an expected output.

With what tools can I set the pins of the JLink (TMS, TCK, and TDI) to high or low and then view the resulting output on TDO? Or, what setup should I use? Is there a way to do this in Eclipse?

Thank you.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    For this purpose you can write J-Link Scriptfile and use the Script file API function described on the J-Link user manual.
    e.g. JLINK_PIN_Override to toggle individual pins or JLINK_JTAG_Write to write a whole JTAG sequence.

Should you need more customization functions you will need to purchase a J-Link SDK: segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

You are welcome.
    We will consider this question as answered and close the thread.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.