[SOLVED] unknown to this version of the J-Link software ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] unknown to this version of the J-Link software ?

Hi,

I am working normally on ezr32lg, i am flashing and debugging throw JLink.
    Now, i am working with an efr32mg, the JLink said this, when i trying to flash it :

""Target connection not established yet but required for command.
    The selected device "EFR32MG---" is unknown to this version of the J-Link software.

Please make sure that at least the core J-Link shall connect to, is selected.
    Proper device selection is required to use the J-Link internal flash loaders
    for flash download or unlimited flash breakpoints.

For some devices which require a special handling, selection of the correct device is important.
    No valid device has been selected.

Target connection not established yet but required for command.
    Please specify device / core. <Default>: EZR32LG330F256RXX
    Type '?' for selection dialog
    Device>'?'""

Any body can help me.
    Regards,
    Abba

PS: please where we can have this page ? (create new thread) i come here from an old thread
  • Hello Abba,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    What software are you using for flashing the target device?
    What J-Link software version are you currently running?

""Target connection not established yet but required for command.
    The selected device "EFR32MG---" is unknown to this version of the J-Link software.

You have to specify the exact target name. If you do not know it you can enter "?". Then you will get a list with all supported devices and there you can select the device you are looking for.
    Make sure the device you are trying to debug is actually supported by J-Link. A list with all currently supported devices can be found here: segger.com/downloads/supported-devices.php

PS: please where we can have this page ? (create new thread) i come here from an old thread

Sorry but i do not understand your question.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,
    The software i ma using is Cmake.
    The version of Jlink which i have is :

SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.12e (Compiled Jan 6 2017 17:21:59)
    DLL version V6.12e, compiled Jan 6 2017 17:21:51

My device is EFR32MG1P233F256GM48.
    Is it compliant with this ?
    EFR32MG1PxxxF256Cortex-M4Parallel CFI NOR flash
    Internal flash

When i type :
    Device>?
    i have:
    ""No valid device has been selected.

Device>""

When I type

Device>EFR32MG1P233F256GM48
    I have :
    ""The selected device "EFR32MG1P233F256GM48" is unknown to this version of the J-Link software.

Please make sure that at least the core J-Link shall connect to, is selected.
    Proper device selection is required to use the J-Link internal flash loaders
    for flash download or unlimited flash breakpoints.

For some devices which require a special handling, selection of the correct device is important.
    No valid device has been selected.

Device>""

Concerning the PS question its ok (when i just created the count i cannot create new thread, now its ok :) )

Best,
    regards
  • Hi Abba,

I see that you are using a older J-Link software version.
    Could you update to the current one (V6.20h)?

When you choose ? as your device you should get a pop up window with the device selection window.
    Attached is a screenshot how it should look like.

You can also type in the device name directly, but then you will have to use the exact name that is known to J-Link.
    In your case it would be EFR32MG1PxxxF256 just like you can see in the screenshot.

You tried the name EFR32MG1P233F256GM48 which is not known to the J-Link as an alias.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

38.37 kB, 749×883, viewed 34,635 times

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Abba,

How we label thread "solved" please ?

Don't worry about that. I will take care of that.

Now Its flashing correctly with Jlink name reference EFR32MG1PXXXF256, without updating.

Glad to hear that it is working for you now.

Do you advise me to update the Jlink ?
    If, yes how please ?

We usually recommend to use the latest software version as we constantly improve our software and add new features.
    But if you have a stable programming setup running you can stay with the version you are comfortable with.
    To update to the latest version visit: segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack

There you can simply download the latest debian install package and install it.

Can this thread be locked and marked as solved or do you have further questions?

Best regards,
    Nino