[SOLVED] J-Link Vcc Connect Question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Vcc Connect Question

Greetings!

Quick question about the Vcc (Vref) Pin on the J-Link connector.

1. I believe this is actually an input used to set the SWxx pins' signal level. Do I understand this orrectly?

2. Do I need to provide a reference voltage or is there a way to manually set the Vref in the J-Link (i.e., to 3.3 VDC)?

The reason I ask is because I am trying to utilize some spare pins on an existing connector. I have 4 signal pins plus a ground pin available, but no 3.3 VDC ref available.

For the SWD connection I believe I need:

SWDIO
    SWCLK
    SWO
    !RESET

as a minimum set.

Thanks in advance,

Loren
  • Hi Loren,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    1. I believe this is actually an input used to set the SWxx pins' signal level. Do I understand this orrectly?

Correct.

2. Do I need to provide a reference voltage or is there a way to manually set the Vref in the J-Link (i.e., to 3.3 VDC)?

There is no software option to set the VTref value but we offer a Supply Adapter which eliminates the need of connecting VTref to the target device: segger.com/products/debug-prob…/adapters/supply-adapter/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Loren,

Great to hear that you found what you are looking for.
    I will consider this case as closed then.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.