[SOLVED] JLINK EDU 'Term of use' confirmation not selectable

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLINK EDU 'Term of use' confirmation not selectable

Dear all,

I use JLINK-EDU in preparation for a lecture that I plan to switch from a different JTAG interface to JLINK. In this context I start using EmbeddedStudio as well. In principle it worked for me. However, it seems to me that there are some issues with high resolution displays and dialogboxes. You find a picture about my issue in the attachment. I try to describe what is happening. The typical 'Term of use' comes up when I start EmbeddedStudio on a notebook that has a high resolution display (4k) and is connected to a full-HD (1k) display. The 'Term of use' window contains the explanations and conditions but does not contain the confirmation checkbox and the 'Agree' push bottom on the bottom. So actually I get stucked because EmbeddedStudio will not start before I confirmed the message.
    I will try now just using the notebook display to see if the problem disappears. But even then I think this needs some adjustments in the J-Link EDU firmware/driver.
    Best RegardsMarkus
    Images
    • JLINK EDU ToU.png

15.9 kB, 552×467, viewed 465 times
  • Hello Markus,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The described behaviour should of course not happen. We will investigate this and try to fix it short term.
    As a workaround you should get the same message when opening the J-Link Commander.
    There you have the option to select "Dont ask me again" before pressing accept.
    Then this message should not pop up anymore for a day.
    Does that work for you?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.