[SOLVED] Using SAM-ICE for fuse programming of SAMD20(old Atmel product)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Using SAM-ICE for fuse programming of SAMD20(old Atmel product)

Dear,

I use SAM-ICE for SAMD20E17 programming.

- Windows 7 64 bit
    - Atmel Studio 7(7.0.1417)
    - J-Link 6.20

Memory programming is OK. but fuse programming, SAM-ICE display a error message as attached picture.
    In addition, I found this issue occurs J-Link 6.12 and above version.
    The J-Link 5.10, the problem does not occur.
    How to fix this problem?
    Please advise me.
    Images
    • error02.png

141.99 kB, 1,111×1,031, viewed 713 times
  • Hello Dylan,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    It looks like the flash verify function could not complete because the values at 0x00804000 do not match the initially programmed file.
    I guess that is where the Fuse info is stored usually.
    So it worked with 5.10 because the verify function simply did not work properly back then.
    Unfortunately I am not allowed to spend more time on this case as Atmel Studio and SAM-ICE support ist handled by Atmel.
    So please contact Atmel about this issue.
    Alternatively you could see if Atmel Studio offers the functionality to skip the flash verify function.
    The J-Link Software also offers a command string for this called "SetVerifyDownload" which is described in the J-Link User Manual in more detail.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.