[SOLVED] <inttypes.h> according to standard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] <inttypes.h> according to standard

Hi,
    I'm transitioning to SES & GCC/Clang from IAR and I'm seeing this invalid behavior:
    According to the C99 standard, inttypes.h includes stdint.h (source here and here )
    It appears that SES v3.30's inttypes.h does not include stdint.h.
    Many of my files have

Source Code

1. #include <inttypes.h>
    to use uint8/16/32_t, which is valid according to various toolchains (IAR, GCC for desktop, visual studio, GCC for ARM) but not according to SEGGER's gcc/clang toolchain.

Any reason behind this? Can I expect this to be resolved according to the standard? I prefer not to add

Source Code

1. #include <stdint.h>
    in the source code.

Thanks,
    Gregory
  • Hello Gregory,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The information has been forwarded to our ES developers.
    Once i receive an answer i will be notifying you.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Gregory,

This issue will be fixed with the next ES release version.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.