[SOLVED] Dark scheme and Chinese comment show and OS X shortcut key issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Dark scheme and Chinese comment show and OS X shortcut key issue

Hi,

I'am a embedded software engineer, I have used keil MDK for a long time, but I think keil MDK is not good enough, so now I wanna use SES instead of it. After using SES for a few weeks,I found several issue of it and I wish I could give some suggestions for it.

I like use dark scheme in my IDE, but SES only one dark scheme whitch named "CrossWork Dark",and this scheme only works for text editor, is it posible make the scheme works for the whole IDE,just like Android Studio and Visaul Studio?

I am Chinese, so there are many Chinese comment in my code,then i found SES has poor support for Chinese,it seems like just because One Chinese character requires two spaces and SES only give it only one space.There are two pictrues, one is what my code looks like in keil MDK, another is it looks like in SES:

At last, when i use SED in MAC OS X, i found some shortcut key not work.For example, the short key "option+left" for 'Back" funcion in text editor and "option + right" for "Forward".

I hope you can perfect SES,because it's really a good and powerful IDE, i very like it.
    Images
    • keil.png

15.86 kB, 1,115×394, viewed 1,347 times
    • SES.png

16.1 kB, 1,019×384, viewed 764 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by hiqrf3 ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

I like use dark scheme in my IDE, but SES only one dark scheme whitch named "CrossWork Dark",and this scheme only works for text editor, is it posible make the scheme works for the whole IDE,just like Android Studio and Visaul Studio?

Currently it is only possible to change the editors color palette. We will discuss internally if this will be changed in future versions, but currently there are no plans to do so.

I am Chinese, so there are many Chinese comment in my code,then i found SES has poor support for Chinese,it seems like just because One Chinese character requires two spaces and SES only give it only one space.There are two pictrues, one is what my code looks like in keil MDK, another is it looks like in SES:

This is probably due to the fact that the text file encoding set in your project does not support Chinese symbols.
    To change this go to Tools->Options->Text Editor->International->Default Text File Encoding

Now simply choose a standard that contains Chinese symbols and you are good to go.

At last, when i use SED in MAC OS X, i found some shortcut key not work.For example, the short key "option+left" for 'Back" funcion in text editor and "option + right" for "Forward".

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it as some shortcuts on MACOS are system bound and cannot be disabled or changed.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried set ' Tools->Options->Text Editor->International->Default Text File Encoding' to UTF-8, and also set 'Project' and 'Solution'->code->file->file Encoding to UTF-8, it does't work.Then I tried set them to GBK and GB2312, it also dons't work. I tried this when i first met this problem few weeks ago actually, i just tried again last night.

So,what can I do now? Or maybe you should check whether this is the problems of SES i think.
  • Hello,

We are currently looking into this and are certain that the issue can be resolved. Could you provide us with an example file that includes the characters in question so we can reproduce that issue?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

We found a solution for the Chinese symbols.
    Go to Tools->Options->Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Font Rendering and select "Proportional".

Now the spaces should be rendered correctly.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this case as closed then.

Best regards,
    Nino