Global Keyboard for different Edit widgets

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Global Keyboard for different Edit widgets

Dear all

I have various non-related windows (i.e. they could be siblings but not necessarily) with Edit widgets.
    Now I want to create a separate Keyboard dialog in a separate source file and make it pop up whenever user taps Edit widget to start typing. The thing is I want this Keyboard dialog to be universal and used by any Edit widget anywhere.

Any idea how that could be achieved?

Thanks
  • Hi,

You might do it in different ways. Attached is an example on how to achive this in different ways. There will a window pop up if you click into one of the EDIT widgets. With some of imagination it could be some sort of a keayboard ;)

Either you set a callback for each EDIT widget react on WM_TOUCH and open the keyboard or you react on WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED within a WM_NOTIFY_PARENT event.

If you set the callback it is important to call the default callback of the EDIT widget.

Regards
    Sven
    Files
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.