[ABANDONED] SES &STM32F103RB-NUCLEO fix

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] SES &STM32F103RB-NUCLEO fix

Hi!
    I had a problems using STM32F103RB-NUCLEO and SES&CrossWorksARMV4 with JLink-ed ST-Link (on board) with error on connection "cannot stop target".
    Same here was using JLink-Edu connected to Nucleo using SDIO/SWCLK. Found a workaroud!
    You have blue and black buttons on Nucleo. Black button connected directly to NRST wire on target MCU. Before clicking "connect to target" press this black button some seconds (keep it pressed a while), open button and quickly "connect to target".
    In my case it works very fine with JLink-ed ST-Link and JLink-Edu.

Best regards,
    Sebastian
  • Hello Sebastian.

Thank you for your inquiry.
    I just tried to reproduce the issue so i created a sample project from the STm32F1xx package in the package manager.
    There was no "cannot stop target" message appearing on my setup.
    I used the same STM32F103RB-NUCLEO Board and converted the ST Link to our OB.

Under which circumstances does the issue appear? In all projects or just a specific one?
    Are you using some kind of low power modes or similar that might alter or disable the debug connection?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.