[SOLVED] Does SEGGER ES provides "Find All Calls to" or "Find All Calls"?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Does SEGGER ES provides "Find All Calls to" or "Find All Calls"?

Hi, I'm Matthew. I use

- 64-bit SES 3.26 on 64-bit Windows 10

- J-Link Plus or onboard J-Link (Nordic's dev kits have a J-Link on the board itself)

- J-Link 6.16h

- Nordic's PCA10040 v1.1.1 board (this board uses nRF52832-QFAA MCU)

- STM32F4 Discovery board

- TI's TM4C123GXL board

I'm trying to migrate to SEGGER ES. I used IAR EWARM, Keil MDK, TI's CCS 7 in the past.

While debugging, the ES provides the function call stack view.

To extend more about function calls, this reminded me about IAR EWARM's function call feature; "Find All Calls to" or "Find All Calls"

[img]https://www.iar.com/globalassets/resources/articles/examining_call_graph_1.png[/img]

[img]https://www.iar.com/globalassets/resources/articles/examining_call_graph_2.png[/img]

For instance, I call a function named "delay_ms".

I want to see which functions call the "delay_ms" using SES 3 whether the SES is on debugging mode or code editing mode. Is this feature possible?

-Best Regards
    -Best Regards, Matthew
  • Hello Matthew,

Yes this feature is available but not directly from the call graph.
    You can find the feature by selecting the function in the editor and right click, "Find References".

Now all References of that function/variable etc. will be shown in the References window.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Matthew,

We are glad to hear that you are happy with our products.
    I will consider this case as closed then.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.