[ABANDONED] How to exec command strings in Eclipse?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] How to exec command strings in Eclipse?

Hi, everyone
    I want to know how to execute J-Link command strings in Eclipse. Specifically, I want to specify reset strategy globally somehow. In Eclipse, as described here , I can specify reset type in GUI, but that only affects the two specific points in the startup course. I wonder if I can, e.g., "exec SetResetType=4" in Eclipse, as in J-Link Commander?

Thanks!
    D.Curie
  • Hi,

the best way to execute J-Link command strings in every debug session are J-Script files.
    Generally, we do recommend to override ResetTarget() and / or AfterResetTarget() instead of using the "deprecated" ResetTypes.

Of course you can still use the J-Link command string "SetResetType" in e.g. ConfigTargetSettings() in a J-Link script file if this works for you.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello, Niklas

But I'm not intended to build a full custom reset strategy from the ground up. I'm using a non-mainstream MCU which has a built-in bootloader. So I just need to select the ready-made Reset Strategy 4, do I?

If yes, how can I do the selection in, say, ConfigTargetSettings() other than using the deprecated SetResetType command?

Thank you.

D.Curie
  • Hi,

Let me rephrase that: The SetResetType command is not deprecated, but we have not added any new ResetTypes in a long time and also do not plan to add new ones in the future.
    If a new devices does not work with the generic reset, in 80% of the cases it needs a custom reset, which fits no other device. Therefore, we implement a custom reset which is not selected by the user, but is selected automatically when selecting the device in the J-Link software.
    However, if SetResetType=4 works perfectly for you, there is not disadvantage in using it.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.