[SOLVED] Plotting variables as a graph feature, name auto-completion feature available on SES 3?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Plotting variables as a graph feature, name auto-completion feature available on SES 3?

Hi, I'm Matthew. I use

- 64-bit SES 3.26 on 64-bit Windows 10

- J-Link Plus or onboard J-Link (Nordic's dev kits have a J-Link on the board itself)

- J-Link 6.16h

- Nordic's PCA10040 v1.1.1 board (this board uses nRF52832-QFAA MCU)

- STM32F4 Discovery board

- TI's TM4C123GXL board

I'm trying to migrate to SEGGER ES. I used IAR EWARM, Keil MDK, TI's CCS 7 in the past.

CCS provided a graph plotting feature (workshop book page 195) ;

-link, FPU workshop video

-link, graph video demo using MSP430

After selecting a memory region and choosing the data type (32-bit float, int, etc), CCS plots a graph.

1. I think this is a great feature, especially when checking ADC values using a graph.

Does SES 3 provide a similar feature like this?

2. If not, how can I dump a memory region in binary/float/int/etc type?

If this feature not available, I think an alternative way is to dump values and plot it using Matlab or something.

3. Lastly, is there an auto-completion feature in SES 3?

For instance, Keil MDK provides a Code Completion feature .

After typing 2 or more words, I hope SES to suggest a function name or struct/union member name.

Is this possible? Do I need a keyboard shortcut to do this?

-Best Regards

P.S.) If the graph features not available, I wish to suggest this feature, please! :D
    -Best Regards, Matthew

The post was edited 1 time, last by MatthewKyeo ().

• Hello Matthew,

Thank you for you inquiry.

1. I think this is a great feature, especially when checking ADC values using a graph.

Does SES 3 provide a similar feature like this?

Not directly in ES but you have two options here:

1. Either use Ozone and "Data Graph" window.
    2. Use our external visualization tool J-Scope that can run in parallel to ES: segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/tools/j-scope/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Matthew,

Sorry i missed that question.
    Yes we have a auto-completion feature which requires no configuration from your side. Just make sure the function/variable etc. you want to autocomplete is included in the file you are editing currently.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi, Nino. I see.

I wrote that question because the auto-completing tab didn't appear when I was typing #define MACROs in the SES editor or I waited quite awhile to let SES auto-complete it.

I will take an eye on that. Thanks for your reply. Case solved!

If I have trouble using the "data graph" feature from SEGGER's Ozone, I will post another question thread.

-Best Regards
    -Best Regards, Matthew

The post was edited 1 time, last by MatthewKyeo ().

• Hello Matthew,

I wrote that question because the auto-completing tab didn't appear when I was typing #define MACROs in the SES editor or I waited quite awhile to let SES auto-complete it.

I will take an eye on that. Thanks for your reply. Case solved!

Under some weird circumstances auto complete will not function properly. Usually restarting ES already fixes that problem for most users. Should you find a solid reproduction scenario we would appreciate to hear it so we can figure out where this quirk is coming from.

If I have trouble using the "data graph" feature from SEGGER's Ozone, I will post another question thread.

Alright do that.

Best regards,
    Nino