Change register on action (run, stop, breakpoint) hook

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Change register on action (run, stop, breakpoint) hook

Is it possible to execute a script on specific action like breakpoint, stop and run?
    I'm writting soft for nRF52832 using Nordic Semiconductor nRF52 SDK.
    The chip is programmed with so called softdevice a closed-source software which uses interrupts and co-exists with my appliacation.
    Every time I need to break I need to change register PRIMASK (Cortex-M4) to 1 to suppress interrupts just before the breakpoint.
    That is the only way to debug without hardfault - one step after the breakpoint.

So is it possible in Segger Embedded Studio to configure a hook to execute change in a register on a breakpoint?
  • Hello Maciej,

Sorry for the delay in response.
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Is it possible to execute a script on specific action like breakpoint, stop and run?

This is currently not possible.

I'm writting soft for nRF52832 using Nordic Semiconductor nRF52 SDK.
    The chip is programmed with so called softdevice a closed-source software which uses interrupts and co-exists with my appliacation.
    Every time I need to break I need to change register PRIMASK (Cortex-M4) to 1 to suppress interrupts just before the breakpoint.
    That is the only way to debug without hardfault - one step after the breakpoint.

In such a case you can use the monitor debug mode that Nordic devices support.
    More information can be found here: segger.com/products/debug-prob…y/monitor-mode-debugging/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.