[SOLVED] SES and CrossWorksARM V4

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SES and CrossWorksARM V4

Hi!
    I try to get familiar with SES, have Private-License for CrossWorksARM V4, ST-Nucleo64 board with STM32F103RB.
    Actually Im familiar with CrossWorks and use it often.
    Build the working project in CrossWorks- all is fine. Try to open this project in SES: nothing can be compiled (cause of missing files under "AppData/Local...targets").
    Ok, after some trying I create just a new SES project, copy my source/header files in new SES project, configure includes correctly but SES cannot compile the project.
    Any idea someone?

Cheers, Sebastian
    Files
  • Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It looks like some files from your old project have not been copied over so the defines are missing.
    Make sure to copy and include all files that have been used with the crossworks project.
    Some device specific files in crossworks are directly linked from the crossworks install directory, so i guess that files are missing in your Embedded Studio project currently.

You can search the entire solution in crossworks regarding the defines that are not compiling in Embedded Studio and try to find out where the files are located that define these.
    Then copy them to your Embedded Studio project as you did with all the other .h files.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Its a fully new project in SES

Dear Nino,

as I wrote: I create fully new SES project- so all target-device specific settings/files are from SES now. On start (without any changes) it can be compiled, no problems at all.
    After adding HAL-Driver, HAL-HW and user- folders - all problems coming here. HAL-Driver is generated using CubeMX and its fine in CrossWorks, HAL-HW is actually only some small adjustments for "Nucleo-Board", so, no any issues here too, as you can see, in "user" folder is nothing what can be anyway strange or taken "evil-artifacts" too- just some rows of code, nothing complex too.

All System-Includes are even from SES itself as default for STM32F1xx - so I cannot understand whats wrong here......

Can you help, please?

Cheers,
    Seb
  • Hello Sebastian,

generated using CubeMX

Ok this was crucial information missing that helped me find out what the issue is.

The device specific files that come with ES are based on ST CMSIS drivers which are updated to the latest version from 21.04.17(they seem to be discontinued now).
    CubeMX comes with other(newer) files. That is why the CubeMX project will not compile with the ES CMSIS files.
    In Crossworks this switch from CMSIS to CubeMX has already happened. That is why it is working there.
    As a workaround you could use the device specific header files from Crossworks or CubeMX instead of the ones from ES.

We will make sure that future ES Package updates are compatible with CubeMX so this issues do not happen anymore.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Nino,

ok, after some playing around finally.......got it!
    All works fine now include JLinked ST-Link (on Nucleo64)......
    I copeid in project folder whole CIMSIS incl HAL Driver and replaced all Files included SES on project generation, only "SystemFiles" (Assembler&Co) let original.
    Now- yeah! Im feeling me like coming home (use CrossWorks over years)..;-)
    Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Seb
  • Hello Sebastian,

Good to hear that you are up and running again.
    I will consider this case as closed now.
    Have fun with Embedded Studio ;)

Best regards,
    Nino

P.S. For future reference try to keep support requests that belong together in one support channel , otherwise we will have to hunt down all needed information from different sources and support might take longer than needed.