[SOLVED] J-Link edu firmware update problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link edu firmware update problem

Hi there,

I want to use my j-link edu probe to program and debug a STM32F767ZI.

When I connect the probe on the board and launch the j-link GDB server, I have a message telling me that:
    “The firmware of the connected debug probe (S/N : 268006793) does not support the connected core : Cortex-M7. Please make sure that a current debug probe model is used and it is running the latest firmware”

So I tried to update the firmware to the latest release using J-Link Configuration V6.20e but I have the following message:
    “Updating firmware of 1 emulator:
    Updating firmware of emulator 1 of 1 via USB (SN: 268006793)... Not updated, emulator firmware is already up to date.
    Finished updating 1 emulator!”

However host and emulator firmware are still dated from November 28th 2014 and clearly not up to date.

Is there a way to force an update? Thank you.
    Images
    • JLinkConfigProblem.jpg

123.7 kB, 1,268×575, viewed 1,822 times
  • Hi,

J-Link V8 does not support Cortex-M7. Support for Cortex-M7 was added in 10/2014.
    Please refer to this article for an overview about the different features of each hardware version.

Most new features are not backported to older J-Link Models after they reach end-of-life.
    J-Link V8 has been superseded by J-Link V9 in 11/2012, followed by J-Link V10 in 10/2015.
    In case you want to use the features available for current models, we recommend to use our Trade-In Program.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.