[SOLVED] Data trace with J-Trace PRO using Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Data trace with J-Trace PRO using Ozone

In the J-Line/J-Trace user guide, it is mentioned in Section 16.2.2 that data tracing is possible.
    Is this feature supported in the J-Trace PRO for Cortex-M or in Ozone?

Thanks!
  • Hello Wey,

Thank you for your inquiry.

In the J-Line/J-Trace user guide, it is mentioned in Section 16.2.2 that data tracing is possible.
    Is this feature supported in the J-Trace PRO for Cortex-M or in Ozone?

As described in the J-Link User Manual the J-Trace PRO for Cortex-M does technically support that feature, but has not yet been implemented into our software, because currently there is no Cortex-M on the market that we know of that supports data tracing.
    May i ask what target device you are trying to debug?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Sorry, I was not aware that ETM does not support data tracing without the additional HTM.
    The target device I am debugging is the STM32F437II which I discovered does not have it.

Thank you very much for your time. :)

PS. In the WebServer, I get some counts in 'Corrected trace packets', would I be notified of any trace data loss or corruption (such as trace packets that could not be corrected)?
    The poor signal integrity is caused by poor PCB trace layout as the layout was originally not planned with trace in mind (so the traces are a bit long).
  • Hello Wey,

Sorry, I was not aware that ETM does not support data tracing without the additional HTM.
    The target device I am debugging is the STM32F437II which I discovered does not have it.

Correct, with that device data trace will not function.

In the WebServer, I get some counts in 'Corrected trace packets', would I be notified of any trace data loss or corruption (such as trace packets that could not be corrected)?

If any packets get lost trace would simply stop and not update anymore, under certain circumstances an error message will appear in the debug console as well.

The poor signal integrity is caused by poor PCB trace layout as the layout was originally not planned with trace in mind (so the traces are a bit long).

This should be no problem with our J-Trace PRO as you can adjust the sampling time of each trace pin individually.
    A how to and more troubleshooting steps are described here: segger.com/products/debug-prob…hnology/setting-up-trace/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.