[ABANDONED] BlueNRG2 reset and flash behavior

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] BlueNRG2 reset and flash behavior

Hi,

I am working on a BlueNRG2 devboard (STEVAL-IDB008V1), which is now available from ST and distributors.
    Is there support planned for this device?

I am currently using the BlueNRG1 device config, but I am having some issues:
    * Device cannot always be halted (it seems worse since V6.16c "DLL: ST BlueNRG1: Added AfterReset() functionality which makes sure that the bootloader is executed after reset.", but I did not test before/after many times to be sure about this)
    * Flashing does not always work as expected, resulting in random data being executed. I suppose this has to do with the flash of the BlueNRG2 being bigger than the BlueNRG1, and therefor not everything is erased/flashed correctly.

Best regards,
    Maxime
  • Hi Maxime,

if everything works out, maybe at then end of next week, but I cannot promise anything.
    I will post a preliminary version when it is available.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Maxime,

could you please give V6.21b of the J-Link software & documentation pack (beta) ar try?

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Flashing seems to work fine.
    However, I cannot reset to the "Reset_Handler" or put a breakpoint there, or on main.
    JLink GDB will just run past it.

Only way to start from the beginning for me is set the PC to the reset handler manually:
    $> set $pc = *0x4
    And step from there. "mon reset" or any variants don't work using JLinks's GDB server.

However, using openocd, "mon reset halt" works fine, and puts me in the Reset_Handler()!
    So I am pretty sure this is a JLink issue.
  • Hello Maxime,

Niklas is currently not available so i will try and answer your questions.

Flashing seems to work fine.

I am glad to hear that flashing is working now.

Only way to start from the beginning for me is set the PC to the reset handler manually:
    $> set $pc = *0x4
    And step from there. "mon reset" or any variants don't work using JLinks's GDB server.

That is really weird, especially because the BLUENRG2 user manual states that the flash starts at 0x10040000 and not 0x0.

Could you provide us with a bin or hex file of your project so we can try to reproduce the issue here?

Best regards,
    Nino