[SOLVED] RTTClient on OSX w/out echo?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RTTClient on OSX w/out echo?

Is there an option to disable local echo for the command-line version of RTTClient on OSX? I check the manual and such and I didn't see one ... but I am well aware that sometimes things are so obvious that they get glossed over.

If that option doesn't exist, is there any chance it could get added? And is there any chance of a GUI for OSX, like there is on Windows? I am using Ozone now, but the RTT terminal that is there isn't too useful since it is line-oriented, rather than character by character (for when the target has a "real" terminal implementation, for tabs, backspace, etc)

I am very impressed by RTT and I am looking at replacing all my serial-terminal debugging with it, and possibly even using it as part of automated tests and hardware-in-the-loop. But it would be better if there were just a couple more of those features available.
  • Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Is there an option to disable local echo for the command-line version of RTTClient on OSX? I check the manual and such and I didn't see one ... but I am well aware that sometimes things are so obvious that they get glossed over.

This options does not exist currently and it is not planned to add that feature.
    Alternatively what you can do is to use any third party telnet client that offers that option and connect with localhost:19021 (more information in the J-Link User Manual).

If that option doesn't exist, is there any chance it could get added? And is there any chance of a GUI for OSX, like there is on Windows? I am using Ozone now, but the RTT terminal that is there isn't too useful since it is line-oriented, rather than character by character (for when the target has a "real" terminal implementation, for tabs, backspace, etc)

A GUI version for OSX is not planned currently. But i suggest you try out our IDE Embedded Studio which comes with a character based terminal which can be used in the way you described.
    More information can be found here.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.