[SOLVED] imx6ull evk QSPI NOR Flash program advice through JLink Plus...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] imx6ull evk QSPI NOR Flash program advice through JLink Plus...

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for example Jlink script / JFlash script files that could be used for starting points to be capable of reprogramming the NXP IMX6ULL's EVK's QSPI NOR Flash.

The IMX6ULL EVK uses a Micron 32Megabytes QSPI Nor Flash. According to the schematic, it is part number... N25Q256A13EF840

According to Segger's James Murphy... youtu.be/avGTK4rKpZY?list=PLDqLs4CjhqjEPT3ltdY7W4Sa8aWfL9-4G

...we should be able to start with an existing JLink/JFlash script file and modify it, to make it work with the specific memory we are trying to program.

Any pointers as to 'which?' example script file it would make sense to use as a baseline for JFlashSpi reprogramming of the Micron N25Q256A13EF840 installed on the IMX6ULL EVK?

I have installed recently released JLink_V620c, and have found there are not very many JFlashSpi example script files to choose from...

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V620c\Samples\JFlashSPI\ProjectFiles
    09/27/2017 09:01 PM .
    09/27/2017 09:01 PM ..
    09/08/2017 10:52 AM 968 Cypress_FM25CL64B.jflash
    09/08/2017 10:52 AM 221 Cypress_FM25CL64B_ReadMe.txt
    09/08/2017 10:52 AM 1,843 Winbond_EraseSector0.jflash
    09/08/2017 10:52 AM 7,386 Winbond_ReadModifyWrite_SecurityRegisters.jflash
    09/08/2017 10:52 AM 3,501 Winbond_WriteSecurityRegisters.jflash
    5 File(s) 13,919 bytes

Thoughts?

Thanks much in advance!
    --DJ Regan

The post was edited 1 time, last by djregan42 ().

• Hi Regan,

Programming of QSPI flash memory is supported out of the box, if the same pin configuration as one the evaluation board is used:
    wiki.segger.com/IMX_Series_Devices

Does it work out of the box?

I have installed recently released JLink_V620c, and have found there are not very many JFlashSpi example script files to choose from...

J-Flash SPI is used to program SPI flash direly via an SPI interface.
    J-Flash can be used to program SPI flash via the target MCU.

I assume you want to progam the SPI flash via the target MCU?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Use JFlash not JFlashSpi to flash IMX6ULL EVK's QSPI NOR Flash...

Hi Niklas,

I apologize for not realizing JFlashSpi is not the Segger Utility I should be working with. Explains a ton. :)

I tried JFlash, and observed it auto-detects the 32megabytes Nor Flash straight away.

Read / Re-program works out-of-the-box (as you proposed).

Appreciate it sir!
    --DJ Regan