ID mismatch error

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ID mismatch error

Hi All!

I'm using Flasher 5 rev3 in order to program Renesas chip M30291FC.

I wrote a simple program and downloaded it into chip. But when i try to program the chip second time i get :

"Error 31: ID mismatch".

What is the problem?
  • Hi,

Renesas bootloader (target CPU) requires the correct ID. Without it,
    you will be unable to access, read out, clear, or program the contents
    of the flash memory. The requested ID depends on ID previously written
    into the target CPU. For more information, please refer to the section
    ID code check function of the CPUs users manual.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • This is also an valid ID. Sometimes when flashing of a device is interrupted you have unpredictable data in flash and also an unpredictable ID code in flash (this is why I don't like the ID code). Please try as ID code the "00 00 00 00 00 00" and "ff ff ff ff ff ff". Some Renesas devices have also a special ID code which tells the device to erase the flash, please have a look in the specific Renesas cpu manual.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.