[ABANDONED] Tracing on a device that loses connection to CPU

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Tracing on a device that loses connection to CPU

We have STM32F769_EVAL board with a large (12Meg) application that sometimes loses connection with J-Link. We have now purchased a J-TRACE PRO in order to get streaming trace in order to see why this is happening. How can I setup OZONE (currently using V2.46b), or any other tool, to get most up to date execution trace? In ozone, when I try to halt execution, I only get the message "J-Link: CPU could not be halted", and J_Link (V6.18c) only shows JLINK_Halt() with no other information.
  • Hello Bruno,

Ozone is already the correct tool to use for full tracing support.
    In another thread of you i linked an example project for tracing on that particular eval board.
    Can you please test it and report back if everything is working as expected?
    Is you application using any low power modes or is it altering the gpio settings of the JTAG pins or even trace pins?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • The other thread started as an issue with loading code into QSPI. I felt this tracing issue is separate from QSPI loading, so I made a new forum post.

We don't use any low power modes and the JTAG/TRACE pins are not changed from their Alternate Function 0 settings.
  • Hello Bruno,

Did you try the trace example project from the wiki?
    Is trace and the connection to the board working as expected in that example project?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.