[SOLVED] Error while compiling J-Link script file

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Error while compiling J-Link script file

Hello,

I just upgraded to IAR EWARM v8.11.3 which includes J-Link 6.18b. When I try to download to my LPC4350 M4 target using my J-trace Cortex M3, I get the following error dialog:

J-Link Driver
    Error while compiling J-Link script file. Error while compiling, Line 46, column 3:
    __int64 v; // We need 35 bits: 32 data, 2 bit addr, 1 bit RnW
    Syntax error
    Abort debug session?
    Yes No

I also tried upgrading to v6.20 but the exact same problem still occurs.
    I have attached the J-Link script file that is being used which came with the IAR v8.11.3 install.

Any ideas what would cause this.

Thanks,
    Greg Dunn
    Files
  • For more added information, I just using the J-Link 6.14h Update utility to roll back the J-Link DLL for IAR 8.11.3 and the error went away.

I guess this means that something has changed between J-Link 6.14h and 6.20 that is causing the issue - I am assuming that something related to the __int64 type.

Thanks,
    Greg Dunn
  • Hi Greg,

I can confirm your observations.
    int64 was a know variable type up to version 6.16, but was only used internally and did not support 64 bit variables (therefore, it was not officially documented).
    However, we removed it as we saw that it was used by customers although it was not documented. It was important to remove it as it did not behave as expected. (therefore, it was not officially documented in the first place).

We plan to fully support 64 bit variables in script files later this year,

As a workaround for now:
    I adjusted the script file. Could you please give it a try?

LPC4350_DebugCortexM4.JLinkScript.txt

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you very much Niklas! That seems to have done the trick. I can at least download now without any error messages. I will let you know if I see any other issues as I work with it further.

Thanks again!
    Greg Dunn
  • Hi Greg,

good to hear that you are up and running again!

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.