[SOLVED] Schematic for Cortex-M Trace Reference Board

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Schematic for Cortex-M Trace Reference Board

I know the Cortex-M Trace Reference Board is very simple, but I'd like to compare the JTAG/Trace connection on our proprietary board with the reference board. I'm specifically curious if the nJRST pin is connected for TRACE purposes. I'm having problems tracing a large application on our board. I can't find the schematic on the Segger website.
  • Hi,

please get in touch with support via mail if you want to have the schematics, I can not decide to provide it to externals.

However I just took a look at the schematics and found the following note:
    JTAG not usable without NRST pin (comp. errata ES0182). Use SWD.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I sent an email to support several weeks ago and heard nothing. It was for more than the schematic, now I have several forum entries to try to get my problems solved. I will send email again.

BTW, there are 2 resets involved with JTAG/SWD/TRACE. nRST for the processor core and nJTRST for the JTAG "port". J-Link/J-Trace documentation gives the impression the nJTRST is optional, I want to see if it's used on CM Ref Board. And to make things more confusing, these signals have different names with different boards/vendors. STM32F769_EVAL uses TRST for nJTRST which appears only on the JTAG connector and has the option (see R111) to appear on the TRACE connector displacing TRACED1 signal. nRST appears as RESET# and is on both JTAG and TRACE connectors.
    I'm hoping that nJTRST might be able to solve the problem where the J-Link/J-TRACE isn't able to break into (halt) the processor.
  • Hi Bruno,

I sent an email to support several weeks ago and heard nothing.

I am sorry to hear that. This should not happen.

I can see 4 mail threads from sick.com since 01/2017 in the system, all have been answered.
    Can you tell me the subject of the mail?

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

I just noticed that the JTAG is not supported on the Cortex-M Trace Reference Board at all.

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi Niklas,

Thanks for getting back to me. The most recent email was sent to support@segger.com Sep. 6 2017 with subject "J-Trace PRO and STM32F765NI". Our custom board uses STM32F765NI, not STM32F769NI.
    There was also an email Aug 18 2017 "Re: J-Link: connection to target device lost" which was a follow on to an original request of Jul 11 2017 that you may have considered solved. We did get responses from segger.com/support/technical-support/.
    I understand it has been the holiday period.

Right, there is no JTAG connection on the CM Ref Board, I want to see the exact connection of the TRACE interface.
  • Hi Bruno,

I just sent the schematics to the mail address specified in your forum profile.

Best regards,
    Niklas