Monday, December 11th 2017, 7:53pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jimmie

Beginner

Date of registration: Sep 12th 2017

Tuesday, September 12th 2017, 4:06pm

J-Link: Setting breakpoints affects program flow

Hi,

I'm using the J-Link Pro with e2studio and Renesas RZ/T1 CPU. If I set a breakpoint then the program flow is disturbed and the program on the target device triggers some errors. I'm using an ISR and additional Compare Match Timers. I suppose that the J-Link disables the interrupts in the CPU, when the breakpoint is set, but the Compare Match Timer is not stopped so that it is further incremented in the background. Can I somehow set the J-Link, so that not only the interrupts are disabled but also the compare match timer / the other timers used in my software?

SEGGER - Niklas

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2014

Wednesday, September 13th 2017, 10:11am

Hi,

does this occur when the breakpoint is set or when the application stops at the breakpoint?

Best regards,
Niklas
Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
Notification for Embedded Studio: Link

Jimmie

Beginner

Thursday, September 14th 2017, 8:08am

Hi,

This occurs when the application is running and the breakpoint is set (even if the debugger doesn't stop at the breakpoint).
It sometimes happens when the debug session is started (without any breakpoints). Without the debugger the program is running without any problems / errors.

Best regards,
Jimmie

Jimmie

Beginner

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 2:39pm

So there is no way to tell the debugger it should also halt the peripherals, when a breakpoint is set or variables/memory is read with the debugger?