[SOLVED] Issue with debugging

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Issue with debugging

Hi

I am using SAMA5D2 x plainned board(AT91 SAMA5D27 processor).I am trying my hands at eclipse and J-Link .I am trying to debug Hello world code using J-link along with Eclipse IDE.Every time ,when I debug the code through J-link ,I am getting an error "Cortex-A/R (connect): Core internal signal DBGEN is not asserted. Debugging is not possible."
    If I wait for few hours after that , the error gets resolved automatically.I am able to debug a little.
    But when next time I try to debug ,I am not able connect because of this error.

How should I fix the issue,Can some one help me?

Thanks in advance.

Smita
  • Hi Smita,

it seems like the application running on the board disables DBGEN.
    E.g some Linux distributions do this per default.
    Could you please consult the reference documentation of the AM3352 regarding how DBGEN is set / cleared and
    check if it is influenced by the application?

I am trying to debug Hello world code

Would it be possible for you to provide us with a binary with debug symbols (.elf file) + source which can be used to reproduce this issue?
    We have a SAMA5D2 XPlained Ultra board here.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • facing an issue while debugging code in SAMA5D27 .

Hi Niklas,

Please find here the elf file as as attachment.
    As I mentioned you earlier ,I am new to Linux as well as as to eclipse , I do not the way I have configure the J-link in eclipse is correct or not. Could Please also guide me to connect /configure J-link in eclipse for SAMA5D2.

Could please provide me link of reference documentation of the AM3352, which talks about setting clearing The DBGEN signal.

Regards,
    Smita
    Files
    • elf.7z

(4.46 kB, downloaded 266 times, last: )
  • Hello Smita,

Niklas is currently not available so i will try to answer your question.

The file you sent us is only an elf file. While i can program your application with that information i can not debug it.
    Niklas wrote :

Would it be possible for you to provide us with a binary with debug symbols (.elf file) + source which can be used to reproduce this issue?
    We have a SAMA5D2 XPlained Ultra board here.

Please attach the whole project folder including all source files so we can reproduce the issue.

Currently i am not able to reproduce your issue.

What i have noticed though on the first run with your application it seems like the applications "hangs" on the first run, after a simple reset it seems to run properly.
    Could you check if your problem gets resolved once you reset your application after download?

Could please provide me link of reference documentation of the AM3352, which talks about setting clearing The DBGEN signal.

Sorry but we are not allowed to provide documentations or datasheets. Please contact the chip vendor in that regard.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.