[SOLVED] IRQ handler execution times from J-Trace PRO using Ozone?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] IRQ handler execution times from J-Trace PRO using Ozone?

Hi All,

I recently purchased a J-Trace PRO pod for instruction tracing and code profiling in Ozone. What I'm trying to do is find out how long (in microseconds) a particular interrupt handler takes. I can get the number of instructions executed, but not the overall time. Can I safely assume that each instruction (including LDR/STR) takes a fixed amount of time? If not, is there a way to get the timestamp associated with each instruction entry? I don't see this information anywhere in Ozone, but I'm hoping it's there as a future feature or accessible using a different method.

Thanks for your time!

Tim
    Simplexity Product Development
  • Hello Tim,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I can get the number of instructions executed, but not the overall time. Can I safely assume that each instruction (including LDR/STR) takes a fixed amount of time? If not, is there a way to get the timestamp associated with each instruction entry? I don't see this information anywhere in Ozone, but I'm hoping it's there as a future feature or accessible using a different method

Ozone does not currently offer the option to show the overall time spend in a function because not every instruction takes the same amount of time so we could not simply multiply the instruction number by some number.
    So it is unfortunately a bit more complex than that. But it is currently on the Ozone ToDo list and will be implemented in the next couple of release iterations of the J-Link Software.

What you could do though is use real-time recording and visualization tool SystemView. When you implement SystemView in your project all interrupt calls will be logged in a timeline including the time spent in this
    interrupt/function etc.

More information can be found here or in the SystemView Manual.
    You can use the SystemView Base version for free with your J-Trace PRO and it can be launched in parallel while Ozone is running.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.