Studio crashes when closing a file or building a project

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Studio crashes when closing a file or building a project

Hello,

I am having an issue where SEGGER Embedded Studio crashes whenever I try to close a file in my project. The studio suddenly disappears and an error log with a "we're sorry," and a crash reporter come up.

A seperate issue also happening is the studio crashing when I try to build and run the project on my Nordic device. I get a prompt saying "unrecoverable failure, internal error detected, SEGGER Embedded Studio must close," and the IDE closes.
  • Hello Robert,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The reported behaviour is unknown to us.
    Could you provide some additional information so we can try to reproduce the issue?
    Which ES Version are you using?
    On which OS are you running it?
    What target device are you trying to program?
    Does this happen with only this particular project of yours or with others as well?
    Could you create a dummy project where the behaviour is reproducible and make it available to us?
    Would it be possible to you to attach your .emProject file in this thread?

Best regatds,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

I am using SEGGER Embedded Studio V3.24 (64-bit).
    Running on Windows 7.
    The target device is a Nordic NRF52832.

We usually put our projects in a network drive and once we unintentionally attempted to save the file when the network drive was disconnected and gave us an issue. The program had been shutting down when trying to close the tab ever since then. The inability to build and run was a recent issue. I realized there was a path issue, the network automatically selects drive depending on whether I am connected anywhere else..this gave the project incorrect path and couldn't build. When I fixed this the program builds but embedded studio still shuts down when closing the individual tab.

I made a copy of the project onto the computers C drive and made sure the project path was correct and this seems to resolve all issues.

Any ideas how I could still utilize my network drive as the project directory?

Thanks,
    Robert
  • Hello Robert,

I tried to reproduce the issue with the "crash on closing tabs". Unfortunately i could not see the same behaviour.
    Could you try to update to the most recent ES release version and see if the issue persists?
    Should ES crash again please send the crash report and in the message box write something to identify yourself so our ES devs can link the crash to this post.
    Could you try to rename the .emProject file and see if the issue is resolved afterwards?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.