Cortex M3, PSP visible?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cortex M3, PSP visible?

Hi there,

It seems to me that J-Link always sees the MSP (main stack pointer), regardless of the actual mode the Cortex is in. Is the PSP (process stack pointer) visible to J-Link? Are these actually two different registers seen from the JTAG perspective? In the programmer's model, just one of them is visible as R13 at a time, dependent of the actual status.

BTW - there are a few registers listed in the J-Link control panel, (CONTROL, for example, which sets the mentioned mode), but no values are shown. Is this a malfunction or just work to be done in upcoming releases?

Best regards

Simon

edit:

oops, it's late at night... msp and psp acually ARE shown! GDB just sees "SP" and shows R13 - but I think, it shows the MSP regardless of the actual status.

But as long as I can check the PSP value in the control panel, I'm happy.

But there is still the question about the "blank" registers in the panel - and one more: Does someone have an idea, how GDB can be taught about these additional registers? Where does GDB get the information about the processor's register set? (ok, this is not J-Link related anymore...)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Simon ().