[SOLVED] Is there a JLink SDK for ARM?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Is there a JLink SDK for ARM?

You provide a JLink package for using JLink from source systems running on ARM (eg Raspberry Pi). Do you now also provide JLink SDK support for that target as well so that people using JLink SDK to write products can compile a version which runs on ARM?

I'm seeing more and more people who are developing on a RaPi and asking for native versions of code using the JLinkSDK.

Not asking here about the standard JLinkExe etc which I know is available, but SDK support for ARM-based development (just to be clear).
  • Hi,

the J-Link SDK (Part No 8.08.06 on the price list) is available for Windows, macOS, Linux x86/x64, and Linux ARM.
    Once you bought it, download links for all 5 packages will be provided to you.
    Linux (Note: The package for running on Linux ARM comes without any support)

I'm seeing more and more people who are developing on a RaPi and asking for native versions of code using the JLinkSDK.

Out of curiosity: May I ask where and in which context do you see people ask for the J-Link SDK for ARM? We had < 20 requests regarding J-Link for Linux ARM this year that I am aware of, none of which was related to the J-Link SDK.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Absolutely - I'm a regular on the Nordic dev site and there have been a number of posts in the last few months asking if Nordic's 'nrfjprog' could be made available for ARM, specifically RaPi. I'm fairly certain from looking at the code and post on the site that they are using the JLinkSDK, in fact I'm 100% certain. It doesn't do anything amazingly special, you could do it with JLinkExe and scripts, it's just a command line tool which is tailored for the series and people find very valuable. There have been more requests for a RaPi version recently and I'm quite sure all they need is to compile the code on ARM vs an ARM version of the SDK.

Thanks for confirming - I'll follow up in the Nordic forums.