[SOLVED] [Ozone] Window configuration is not kept

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] [Ozone] Window configuration is not kept

When saving a project in Ozone, closing Ozone, then launch it again, and open the saved project,
    the window configuration is not kept.

-> The width of my windows (or "panels") is completely garbled every time again. They are set way too small, every time.

I am running Ozone on Arch Linux.
  • Hello Maxime,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Is this happening on all Linux machines or only on the Arch Linux one you are using?
    Are you using the latest Ozone version?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I only own Arch Linux machines, which make it hard to check on other configurations,
    but it seems it least one Ubuntu user is having the same issue (thanks for reporting alfred-ai)

It has been happening ever since the earliest releases of Ozone, and I always upgrade to the latest version.
  • Hello,

I just tried to reproduce the issue on a clean Ubuntu 16.04 install and could not recreate the problem you are seeing.
    Would it be possible for you to test your setup on a clean Linux install with only Ozone installed?
    Which Arch Linux version are you using?
    Could you attach your .jdebug.user file from the folder you Ozone project is saved in?
    Does the issue resolve after removing that file from the folder?
    Are you using any "complex" window configurations as undocked/stacked windows etc.?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Nino,

There is only one version of Arch Linux, since it's a "rolling release". So I am fully updated on the latest Arch Linux packages.

I have a .jdebug.user file attached to this post.
    Deleting it does not solve the issue. I have re-created many different projects, in many different locations, and it does the same thing over and over.
    I do use "complex" window configurations, e.g. I like to stack the "memory" view and the "local data" view.
    These are still stacked when I open the project again, but the width of the windows is lost.

I have attached a "before" and "after" picture of a project, as well.
    Images
    • Screenshot from 2017-08-22 11-08-12 BEFORE.png

392.31 kB, 1,920×1,053, viewed 586 times
    • Screenshot from 2017-08-22 11-08-48 AFTER.png

338.62 kB, 1,920×1,053, viewed 564 times
    Files
  • Hello Maxime,

Thank you for the additional information.
    We could pinpoint the source of the issue and it will be resolved with the next official release version V2.46b.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hello Maxime,

A new version (V2.46b) has been released and can be downloaded here: segger.com/downloads/jlink/.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hello Maxime,

Ok so we are half way there :D
    Could you provide us again with before and after pics + your .jdebug and .user file?

Sorry for asking again but it seems like there were a couple of issues coming together here.

Edit: Could you try the following thing and tell me how it behaves?

In your .user file the entry:
    "OpenWindow="Functions", DockArea=LEFT, x=0, y=0, w=181, h=385, FilterBarShown=1"
    Please change it to:
    "OpenWindow="Functions", DockArea=LEFT, x=0, y=0, w=400, h=385, FilterBarShown=1"
    while Ozone was closed and after saving the new .user settings start the Ozone project again.
    Is the window after start wide or narrow?

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hey Nino,

I have tried editting the .user file:
    After me setting it to my liking, it was:

OpenWindow="Functions", DockArea=LEFT, x=0, y=0, w=470, h=326, FilterBarShown=1
    OpenWindow="Call Stack", DockArea=LEFT, x=0, y=1, w=470, h=475, FilterBarShown

After re-opening Ozone, the window was smaller. When quitting the application, the file was modified to:

OpenWindow="Functions", DockArea=LEFT, x=0, y=0, w=214, h=326, FilterBarShown=1
    OpenWindow="Call Stack", DockArea=LEFT, x=0, y=1, w=214, h=475, FilterBarShown

After editing the file manually again, and setting it to small window sizes:
    OpenWindow="Functions", DockArea=LEFT, x=0, y=0, w=100, h=326, FilterBarShown=1OpenWindow="Call Stack", DockArea=LEFT, x=0, y=1, w=100, h=475, FilterBarShown
    And then re-opening Ozone, it default again to the same "214" size (visually, and in the .user file):OpenWindow="Functions", DockArea=LEFT, x=0, y=0, w=214, h=326, FilterBarShown=1OpenWindow="Call Stack", DockArea=LEFT, x=0, y=1, w=214, h=475, FilterBarShown
    The same goes for the "disassembly" window, or any other, by the way.
    To me, it seems like Ozone is setting it's windows to some default values, before I get the chance to open a project (see screenshot)Then, when I click "Open Recent Project", the window sizes are not adapted to the values in that projects' .user file!
    Thanks for looking into this!
    Images
    • Screenshot from 2017-08-31 10-36-16.png

74.13 kB, 1,924×1,053, viewed 584 times
  • This issue has been resolved via PM.
    A bug fix will be available with release version V2.46c.

This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino