[SOLVED] STM32F746 External QSPI Programming with J-Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] STM32F746 External QSPI Programming with J-Flash

I am trying to get this working in j-flash. I edited JLinkDevices.xml in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V618 directory. I added the following to the file:

<Device>
    <ChipInfo Vendor="ST" Name="STM32F746NG" Core="JLINK_CORE_CORTEX_M7" />
    <FlashBankInfo Name="QSPI Flash" BaseAddr="0x90000000" MaxSize="0x01000000" Loader="ST_STM32F746G_Disco_QSPI.elf" LoaderType="FLASH_ALGO_TYPE_OPEN" />
    </Device>

I also copied the ST_STM32F746G_Disco_QSPI.elf to the same directory.

When I open my j-flash project with the STM32F746NG selected, I don't see anything related to the external flash bank. When I try to program, I get "Could not execute task. Selected Data (0x90000000 .... does not fit into the selected flash sectors.

Obviously it doesn't know about the new space. Have I edited the wrong xml file?
  • I figured it out. I had to go in and re-select the MCU. Then it showed the 1MB + 32MB banks. I figured just re-opening j-flash after editing the xml file would update the project but this is not the case.
  • It looks like the Discovery board J-link does not work with J-Flash (even though I have another J-link that does have a license). Is there any other way to get this programmed without switching the on-board debugger back to a st-link?
  • Wow, it worked through GDB in Atollic. Awesome! I didn't have to do anything additional to get this to work besides adding the lines to the xml file and copying the elf file to the segger driver install directory.
  • Hi,

good to hear that it works for you :)
    Can I close this thread?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.