J-Flash error

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Flash error

Hello,

I have a problem to connect my target with J-Flash with this error message
    Bad JTAG communication: Write to IR: Expected 0x1, got 0xd (TAP Command : 14)@Off 0x5.Wrong AHB ID(15:3). Expected 0x4770001 (Mask 0x0FFFFF0F), Found 0x00000000Failed to connect

and her the masage from J-Link Commander.

SEGGER J-Link Commander V4.081 ('?' for help)
    Compiled Sep 17 2009 09:42:18
    DLL version V4.081, compiled Sep 17 2009 09:41:55
    Firmware: J-Link ARM V8 compiled Sep 17 2009 09:41:55Hardware: V8.00
    S/N :
    Feature(s) :FlashBP, FlashDL, GDB
    VTarget = 3.287V
    Info: TotalIRLen = 9, IRPrint = 0x0011
    Info: Found Cortex-M3 r1p1, Little endian.
    Info: TPIU fitted.
    Info: FPUnit: 6 code <BP> slots and 2 literal slots
    Found 2 JTAG devices, Total IRLen = 9: #0 Id: 0x3BA00477, IRLen: 4, IRPrint: 0x1 Cortex-M3 Core #1 Id: 0x16410041, IRLen: 5, IRPrint: 0x1 STM32 Coundary ScanCortex-M3 idnetified.
    JTAG speed: 5 kHz
    J-Link>

what can I do?
    please help me

Best regards

H-J
  • Hi H-J,

As the output from JLink.exe indicates the communication with the core in general, works fine.
    Could you please attach your J-Flash project to your next post, so we can check the settings?
    I would also suggest to use the current release version (V4.10f) if you are using the Secure/unsecure options of J-Flash (there were some improvements in the recent time).
    Nevertheless, erasing/programming the flash should also work in V4.08l without any problems.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • hi Alex,
    thank you for your help.
    I install the version V4.10 but when I erase the chip, I get the same message.

If I unsecure the chip, I get this massage
    “Sorry, no valid license for J-Flash found.
    J-Link S/N is 58001476.”

My chip is a STM32F103RBT6 (Olimex Board)

Best regards

H-J
  • Hi H-J,

Do you use JTAG or SWD when trying to connect to your target in J-Flash?
    Which speeds (init speed and speed after init) are configured in your J-Flash project?

Best regards
    Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Alex,

first I try with Jtag speed before "Auto selection" and it was the same error. After I try with 1000kHz speed and it was the same error.

Now I change form Jtag to SWD and I errase the chip but the massage came

"sorry, no valid license for J-Flash found.

J-Link S/N is 58001476".

With SWD came in th Log window the massage "connected successfully" by SWD but how can I erase the chip??

Best regards

H-J
  • Hi H-J,

At this point I am not sure if I am up-to-date:

Initially you were not able to connect to your target via J-Flash.
    It seems now you can connect to your target.
    Is the connection problem still present or not?

To answer your question:
    As indicated by the message, you need a J-Flash license to perform erase/unsecure/secure/... actions.

There are also evaluation licenses (30 days) available for J-Flash, if you want to evaluate it first.
    To get such a license, please get in touch with sales@segger.com

Best regards
    Alex

• Hi H-J,

could you please try to use a slower JTAG speed in J-Flash, when connecting via JTAG?
    Please note that currently JTAG speeds up to 1/2 core speed are supported by J-Link for Cortex-M3 devices.

Since J-Link.exe is able to connect to your device via JTAG, without any problems and J-Flash also works when using SWD,
    I assume a speed problem.

Best regards
    Alex