[SOLVED] JLinkGDBSserver -device options list

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

you can use the command "expdevlist <path to output file>" in J-Link Commander (JLinkEXE on Linux) in order to create a text file of supported devices.

I'm not necessarily using latest Segger tools

May I ask why?
    If there is any regression, we would be happy to know about it in order to be able to fix it.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Niklas wrote:

Hi,
    you can use the command "expdevlist " in J-Link Commander (JLinkEXE on Linux) in order to create a text file of supported devices.
    I'm not necessarily using latest Segger tools

May I ask why?
    If there is any regression, we would be happy to know about it in order to be able to fix it.
    Best regards,
    Niklas
    Thanks Niklas,
    I tried now:
    /opt/SEGGER/JLink/JLinkExe expdevlist /tmp/devlist.txt
    OR
    /opt/SEGGER/JLink/JLinkExe -expdevlist /tmp/devlist.txt

Both give

SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.12d (Compiled Dec 21 2016 17:01:58)
    DLL version V6.12d, compiled Dec 21 2016 17:01:52

Unknown command line option expdevlist.
    May I ask why? If there is any regression, we would be happy to know about it in order to be able to fix it.
    I'm afraid things will break if I upgrade, since current seems working well.

Btw, I have tried upgrading to latest yesterday, and I immediately ran into problems: after installation (Linux , 64bit) each time I try to start Segger GDBServer, the JLink USB device gets kicked-out , disconnected by kernel. I see device disconnect in the kernel log.
    No issues like that with my current version.

The post was edited 1 time, last by v01d1 ().

• Hi,

after installation (Linux , 64bit) each time I try to start Segger GDBServer, the JLink USB device gets kicked-out , disconnected by kernel. I see device disconnect in the kernel log.

Sorry to hear that.
    Could you please provide us with further information regarding your setup?:

Which version of the J-Link software? V6.18?
    Which Linux distribution?
    Which J-Link package was used? x86 or x64? DEB, rpm or tar?

I see device disconnect in the kernel log.

Would it be possible for you to provide us with the kernel log?

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Niklas,

I cannot reproduce this anymore, after I have ran first Segger command successfully with root's privileges.

I've noticed that the Firmware in my J-Link got upgraded, after I have installed & ran the new Segger package - Firmware: J-Link V10 compiled Jul 28 2017 08:59:01.
    That must have happened with the new Segger tools install, as my J-Link is older than that.

It could be that after running as root segger command, the firmware got updated, and the issue went away.
  • Hi,

I cannot reproduce this anymore, after I have ran first Segger command successfully with root's privileges.

Once you have a reproducer or see this issue again, please do not hesitate to contact us via mail or here in the forum, we are looking forward investigating and fixing this issue!

Best regards,
    Niklas