[SOLVED] Edit keyboard mapping in SES

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Edit keyboard mapping in SES

Hi,
    I would like to ask if there is a way how to edit keyboard shorcuts in SES (e.g. I would like to remap Show suggestions from CTRL+J to CTRL+Space).

Thanks

Best regards
    Josef Krska

The post was edited 1 time, last by krska ().

• Hello Josef,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    This is currently possible only with some "XML Hacking" workaround.

Keep in mind that we do not recommend changing the defaults and you are on your own should errors pop up sourced form changing this settings.

Now here is the how to:

- Open Embedded Studio
    - Go to File->Open Studio Folder...->Studio Folder
    - Open the /bin folder
    - Open the studio.xml with admistrator rights with the editor of your liking
    - Close ES
    - Search for the Shortcut you want to edit e.g. Ctrl+J, the whole entry would be something like this: <key>Ctrl+J</key>
    - Edit it to e.g. Ctrl+Space
    - Save the file as admistrator
    - Relaunch ES with the new Hotkey setting

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Josef,

I am glad to hear you are up and running again.
    This thread is considered as solved then.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.