How to build and test emProject via command line for CI

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to build and test emProject via command line for CI

Hi, I use

- STM32F4, STM32L4 Discovery boards (ST-Link is converted to J-Link)

- SES 3.24 (with 64-bit Windows 10 machine & MacBook Pro Sierra 10.12)

- usually C language for developing firmware

I'm trying to configure a Continuous Integration (CI) environment.

1. Can I build an emProject with command line?

2. Is there unit test function available with SES?

-Best Regards
    -Best Regards, Matthew
  • Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Depends on how you want to implement it, but generally yes.

2. Is there unit test function available with SES?

Unfortunately currently not, but for reference you can use any of your .emProject files and open it in a text editor to get a feeling for what Project Settings need which entries.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Depends on how you want to implement it, but generally yes.

Hi, Nino. That is great news.

Looks like the implementation instructions are documented, which is different when using Keil MDK-ARM 5 .

I was expecting something like executing SES 3 from the command prompt with additional optional parameters, like the emProject file name since the emProject file has package dependencies, library files (.a files), and more;
    this type of thing is happening when using Keil.

Whereas in SES, I think the documents are giving instructions about the c compilers (CC).

Did you mean that I should create a Cmakelists.txt or CC compile/build script of my own in order to achieve my objective?

-Best Regards
    -Best Regards, Matthew

The post was edited 1 time, last by MatthewKyeo ().

• Hello Matthew,

I was expecting something like executing SES 3 from the command prompt with additional optional parameters, like the emProject file name since the emProject file has package dependencies, library files (.a files), and more;
    this type of thing is happening when using Keil.

This is currently not supported with ES but we will discuss internally if such a feature will be made available in future releases.

Did you mean that I should create a Cmakelists.txt or CC compile/build script of my own in order to achieve my objective?

The idea was to use a build script that populates a .emProject file with all needed parameters.
    To find out which would be needed for your projects you could create a dummy project with the settings you want to have, then open the .emProject file in a text editor
    and see which parameters are crucial to achieve the settings you want to have.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.