[SOLVED] J-Link: Communication timed out

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link: Communication timed out

I get the following message when I access my J-Link Plus(V10.1):
    [img]https://image.ibb.co/jg3oUv/jlink_error.png[/img]
    It happens when I open Simplicity studio, and when I open the debug tab in Keil MDK-ARM lite, or when I try to debug. All J-Link functions work fine when I click OK in the messagebox, it's just annoying.
    J-Link commander also shows the error message(in the command window), but the log file contains no error messages. I also got a Analog Devices branded J-Link that works without problems (same usb cable + port)
  • Hi,

could you please update to the latest version of the J-Link software & documentation pack and provide feedback if the issue persists?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I feel stupid now :pinch: , this should be the first thing that I checked. Thought that I had the newest DLL because a new installation of Simplicity studio updated my DLL. After downloading the newest version from the site the problem is fixed, thanks for the fast response.
  • Hi,

No worries!
    Good to hear that it works for you now :)

/closed
    Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.