[SOLVED] j-link and F28m35h22 dual core TI IC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] j-link and F28m35h22 dual core TI IC

hi
    i am trying to program my dual core IC F28M35H22c1 with segger j-link , i found how can add segger plugin to Code Composer and i did it (related link : segger.com/products/debug-prob…composer/#AddJLinkSupport) , also i read that segger support this cores ( related link : segger.com/products/debug-prob…j-link-supported-devices/) , but when i choose Segger emulator in the target configuration, this core was not added as target device. so what can i do? are there any solution to use segger emulator for F28M35H22c1 core or not?
  • Hi,

the F28Mxxx series devices are currently not supported by J-Link.
    The device names have been added so they can be passed to the J-Link software, since debugging works when using a custom J-Link script file which handles the ICEPick.
    However they should not show up in the official list until we have implemented a generic script file which handles F28Mxxx series devices and which we could validate using F28M evaluation hardware.
    Thanks for pointing that out. This will be fixed in the next release version of the J-Link software, they will longer be listed as supported.

Official support for F28Mxxx series devices is on our internal ToDO, but without any scheduled time frame yet.

In case you want to adapt your own custom script file, ${JLink_Install_Dir}/Devices/TI/TI_CC3200.JLinkScript can be used as a template.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas

many thanks for your valuable information, unfortunately, i spend about a day with segger and CCS and i found the segger emulator and its script cause this problem and your reply helped me to be sure . :thumbsup:
  • Hi,

thanks for the feedback :)

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.