[SOLVED] Boot Mode Index SWD1 rather than SWD0 on Segger Flasher

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Boot Mode Index SWD1 rather than SWD0 on Segger Flasher

Hi,

have a XMC1404 device on a PCB that I require to program. Requirement is that need to have the boot mode index programmed as SWD1 after programming as these physical pins on device have debug connector on them on PCB.

Was programming previouse samples with no problems but was unaware that the Boot Mode Index of XMC1404 had already been set to SWD1. This meant that I could erase,program & verify with no problems.

On new boards XMC1404 has been left at factore default so this means initially need to set boot mode index before programming.

Start-up
    mode
    Pins
    used
    BMI value

ASC Bootstrap Load Mode(ASC_BSL) P0.14/P0.15 or
    P1.3/P1.2 0xFFC0

User Mode (Debug)
    SWD0 P0.14/P0.15
    0xF8C3

User Mode (Debug)
    SWD1
    P1.3/P1.2
    0xFAC3

The FLasher automaticly detects that needs to switch over to SWD mode and does this but problem is that I need to set this as SWD1 rather than SWD0.

Is there anyway to have the Segger Flasher to use SWD1 rather than SWD0 automaticly instead? This is for a volume production solution so need to implement automatic robust solution.
    Would be very grateful for help here. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Steve
  • Hi Steve,

this is currently not supported by J-Link / Flasher.
    Please get in touch via mail in order to discuss if it is possible to support the feature in a future version of the J-Link software.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,

is there any method available to me to program the XMC1404 using flasher and then switch boot mode index over to SWD1 after programming? For this project I did look at XMC Link (Based on SEGGER J-Link Technology) but went for Flasher as this seem a more robust solution for manufacturing.

Have a live requirement that I need to fufil now.

Hope you can assist or point me in the right direction.
    Thanks,

Steve
  • Hi Steve,

as I said, while programming the XMC 14xx is supported, manually changing the BMI mode is not.
    Please get in touch with the SEGGER management / engineering via mail in order to discuss a custom solution for you.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Niklas,

just an update. I received a fix to allow me to program through the SWD1 port. :thumbsup:

Thank-you for your support. Will be looking to use Segger hardware on future ICT integrated automated manufacturing programming solutions for other customers.

Thanks,

Steve
  • Hi Steve,

thanks for the update and good to hear that everything is working for you now!

Best regards,
    Niklas