J-Flash disconnect after production programming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Flash disconnect after production programming

Hi,

currently I am programming some boards at my desk with J-Link Ultra+ and J-Flash.
    The target is powered through the J-Link.

Doing "Production Programming" by pressing F7 works just fine, but target power persists after programming ended successfully. I have to go to the menu and disconnect the target manually to disable target power.
    This is quite annoying. Either the target power should be disabled automatically after "Production Programming" succeeds (perhaps configurable in project settings) or alternatively there should be a hotkey for disconnect. I absolutely prefer the first variant.

I cannot think of any reason, why target power should stay enabled after "Production Programming"...

Best regards
    Martin
  • Hi Martin,

Doing "Production Programming" by pressing F7 works just fine, but target power persists after programming ended successfully. I have to go to the menu and disconnect the target manually to disable target power.
    This is quite annoying.

May I ask why this behavior is annoying in your setup?

I cannot think of any reason, why target power should stay enabled after "Production Programming"...

The main use cases are as follows:
    a) The target executes some code after programming (e.g. sth. which enables memory security and/or disables the debug interface)
    b) Some testing is done immediately after production programming.

Even if neither a) nor b) is the case, it usually does not bother.

However, I will bring this up on the next team meeting, maybe we will add an option for this.
    Please note that "-disconnect" is already available via command line.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,
    May I ask why this behavior is annoying in your setup?
    it is annoying as manually disconnecting is "work". Leaving the target power enabled and going on to the next board leads to an error when pressing F7 - but the target power gets disabled with the appearance of the error, so I can start over afterwards.

The main use cases are as follows:

a) The target executes some code after programming (e.g. sth. which enables memory security and/or disables the debug interface)

b) Some testing is done immediately after production programming.
    These cases would IMHO require to either enable "Start application" in the project settings or use batch processing. I haven't seen options in the J-Flash GUI for that purposes yet.

Please note that "-disconnect" is already available via command line.
    The documentation just says "-disconnect | Disconnects from the target." - I didn't understand, that this is meant for production programming mode.

Best regards
    Martin