embOS 3.82b, IAR 5.40, ARM7: losing communications with embosView

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• embOS 3.82b, IAR 5.40, ARM7: losing communications with embosView

I am running this lightly loaded target with an AT91SAM7S256. Normal communications is through USB, but for monitoring I gave embOS a RS232 port. I set the port up for 115200 baud. This works beautifully for a while, say 5 minutes, then embosView stops updating. The version of embosView is 3.82a. When it stops updating, bytes sent/rcvd keep and packets sent keep incrementing, but packets rcvd does not. If I exit embosView and restart it then then communications resumes normally and I see that all the counters associated with the application are where they should be. In other words, the target has been running all along. Is this possibly a problem with embosView or more likely a problem in my application ? If the latter, where might I look for a source to the problem ?
    P.S. - it works fine on another PC with a direct serial port. The problem may very well be due to the usb-serial adapter that I was using.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gpontis ().

• I know that there are some issues with cheaper usb-serial adapters, they work great with lower baudrate but have some problems with higher baudrate.
    Maybe you want to try a lower baudrate at 38400 or another usb-serial adapter.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.