Return value of GUI_LANG_LoadTextEx()

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Return value of GUI_LANG_LoadTextEx()

Hi guys,

the LoadTextEx function is declared following:

C Source Code

1. int GUI_LANG_LoadTextEx(GUI_GET_DATA_FUNC * pfGetData, void * p, int IndexLang);

Unfortunately the return value is not documentated. What is the function returning? Is there a possibility to check, wether loading was successful or not?
    Same question for GUI_LANG_LoadText()

Further question:
    Can I re-load a text file by a repeating call of GUI_LANG_LoadTextEx for the same language, means with the same IndexLang? (e.g. to update the texts)?

Best regards
    Matz
  • Hi,

thanks for pointing this out. We will add the information to the emWin user manual.

The return value is as follows:

0 - Success,
    1 - Error
    Can I re-load a text file by a repeating call of GUI_LANG_LoadTextEx for the same language, means with the same IndexLang? (e.g. to update the texts)?
    Yes I thinks so. I didn't checked it, but for now I'm not aware of any problems which could be cuased by this.

Regards,
    Sven
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.