Maybe incorrect memory map file? STM32f407VG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Maybe incorrect memory map file? STM32f407VG

Hi all, I'm lost a lot of time for running DMA on my STM32F4Discovery, I correctly initialize all needed registers, but do not get results for memory to memory copy operation. Segger compiler place the variable in 0x10000000 - ‭10010000‬ memory range and DMA controller can't write this variable (he setting TEIFx bit in LISR/HISR register), because this range use only for "...(core coupled memory) data RAM is not part of the bus matrix and can be accessed only through the CPU..." How correct method resolve this? ?(
    Regards.
  • Hello Arthur,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Sorry for the delay in response.
    What device is set for your project and how did you set up the project?
    Did you use our package manager and project creator?
    If not you will have to set the memory map yourself, otherwise Embedded Studio will assume a generic Cortex-M4 memory map file that does not necessarily fir your device.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.