LPC1114 (Cortex M0) not connecting/recognised in Keil or J-Link Commander

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LPC1114 (Cortex M0) not connecting/recognised in Keil or J-Link Commander

I noticed that the LPC1112/4 is apparently supported with the new beta firmware (4.09r), but I've been unable to connect to an LPC1114 (LPC1114FBD48/301 which is the QFP 8KB/32KB version). J-Link Commander recognizes that an M0 chip is connected, but I'm unable to properly download to flash or debug in Keil. I thought it might be an issue with the ID number not being recognised?

I'd attach some screenshots, but the 20KB limit is a bit too small to upload anything useful. J-Link commander and the driver setup interface in Keil both show a device ID of 0x0BB11477 ("Found SWD-DP with ID 0x0BB11477" and in J-Link commander it also says 'Cortex-M0 identified"), but when I try to connect in Keil (using the latest uVision 4.0.1) I get "No Cortex-M SWD Device Found", despite the fact that I can see the ID code in the Driver Setup screen (though under Device Name it says "no SW-DP found"). I can confirm that the driver used in Keil is 4.09r (it's displayed in the driver setup window as well).
  • Just an update that when I go into J-Flash 4.09R and manually selected LPC1114 as the device in the CPU tab of Project Settings, it seems to connect and displays the same core ID as Keil (0x0BB11477), but I'm not able to manually select the device in the Keil interface (it display the same IDCODE but says no SW-DP found beside it, and it the entire SW Device section is grayed out). I've tried to attach a screenshot from Keil but had to compress the crap out of it and resize it to get it below the 20KB limit (???). Hopefully it will help identify the problem, though.
    Images
    • KeilSegger20K.jpg

19.71 kB, 414×350, viewed 1,846 times
    • KeilSeggerCLI.jpg

19.31 kB, 575×290, viewed 1,538 times
  • Hello K.,

we have just published a new release V4.10d.
    Currently, the release is newer than the Beta (Maybe we should indicate this on the web ...),
    so if you could try that it would be appreciated.
    Independent of this, we'll also take a look at this next week.

BTW: We'll increase the 20K limit, it is a bit small indeed.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Rolf:

Thanks for the update. I just tried the new drivers but still have the same problem in uVision 4.0.1, and still need to manually select the device in "J-Flash ARM" ... it doesn't seem to recognise it automatically.

Kevin.
    Images
    • Segger-Connected.jpg

20.05 kB, 540×417, viewed 1,372 times
    • Segger-ProjSettings.jpg

19.49 kB, 437×461, viewed 1,466 times
  • Hi Kevin

ktownsend wrote:

Thanks for the update. I just tried the new drivers but still have the same problem in uVision 4.0.1, and still need to manually select the device in "J-Flash ARM" ... it doesn't seem to recognise it automatically.
    In J-Flash you always have to select the device manually. Only the core can be detected automatically.

ktownsend wrote:

but I'm not able to manually select the device in the Keil interface (it display the same IDCODE but says no SW-DP found beside it, and it the entire SW Device section is grayed out
    You are right, the Keil µVision does not seem to recognize the ID. This is a problem in the µVision. We will report it to Keil.

Best regards,
    Kai
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Do you have any experience with Keil to guess how long oit normally takes them to put out big fixes, etc.? Obviously it's beyond your own control, but when I see the last update is from October, I'm hoping it's not every 6 months. :(