[SOLVED] Flasher Portable PLUS - how to hard reset

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flasher Portable PLUS - how to hard reset

Our new Flasher Portable PLUS froze after programming over 3k units. Display says 'Connecting...'. I cannot reset the device, I have tried to push power button for 10 seconds, but no luck. I also cannot connect to it via JLink Flasher or Commander. How do I hard reset this thing? I do not want to wait until battery is fully drained.
  • Battery was drained over the weekend and it reset itself. Now it is working OK.
    I will check that next time when it freezes.
    On the device there are no Option and Sym buttons. There are Power, PROG and SEL.
    Should I press them at once for 5 sec or in sequence or in some other way?
  • Hi,

sorry for the delay in response.
    As of now, there is no way to reset the device once the firmware is stuck without opening the enclosure (which voids the warranty as far as I know).
    Please note that according to the S/N you specified, the flasher portable is inside its support period. Therefore, you can open a ticket via mail in order to receive high-priority support, which is not offered via this forum.

Can you give us further information about the crash?
    Is there anything in the Flasher log?
    Which target device did you program?
    How is the Flasher Portable operated?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Forum,

this issue has been resolved via mail and with a firmware update which ships with the J-Link software & documentation pack, as usual.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.