[SOLVED] Does recording of 'Middleware Events' work in Post Mortem mode?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Does recording of 'Middleware Events' work in Post Mortem mode?

Hi,

I am thinking of creating some custom events in order to squeeze more events in the SystemView buffer on my target device.

I am reading through the section 'Integrating SEGGER SystemView into a middleware module' and skimming through some of the source code, and by the looks of it the target has to send some special packets to the host to register any custom module with the host SystemView application.

Since in Post Mortem mode the target buffer is continuously overwritten those packets will not get to the host application - does this mean I will not be able to see custom events?

Thanks in advance,
    Rene
  • Hi,

You are correct, it does work in post mortem mode because the middleware info is periodically written to the buffer.

Please make sure that the buffer is large enough to hold the full system and middleware information (and of course enough events for your analysis).

Regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.