Monday, December 11th 2017, 6:09pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rene.becker

Beginner

Date of registration: Nov 14th 2013

Friday, July 7th 2017, 3:50am

[SOLVED] Does recording of 'Middleware Events' work in Post Mortem mode?

Hi,

I am thinking of creating some custom events in order to squeeze more events in the SystemView buffer on my target device.

I am reading through the section 'Integrating SEGGER SystemView into a middleware module' and skimming through some of the source code, and by the looks of it the target has to send some special packets to the host to register any custom module with the host SystemView application.

Since in Post Mortem mode the target buffer is continuously overwritten those packets will not get to the host application - does this mean I will not be able to see custom events?

Thanks in advance,
Rene

rene.becker

Beginner

Date of registration: Nov 14th 2013

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 12:53pm

Ok,

I have implemented this and it appears to work - the 'module' information appears to be written along with Sync and System Info events as described in section 6.2.5 ("SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SYNC_PERIOD_SHIFT").

SEGGER - Johannes

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 31st 2012

Monday, October 9th 2017, 1:16pm

Hi,

You are correct, it does work in post mortem mode because the middleware info is periodically written to the buffer.

Please make sure that the buffer is large enough to hold the full system and middleware information (and of course enough events for your analysis).

Regards
Johannes