Can I use the STemWin Libraries with any STM32 controller? or only with the ones who has the Chrom-Art Accelerator?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can I use the STemWin Libraries with any STM32 controller? or only with the ones who has the Chrom-Art Accelerator?

Specifically I am interested to use the libraries with STM32F103RB and STM32F103ZE but I don't find the libraries for them in the Keil uvision IDE,

Any clarification of what is the availability for the different STM controllers and the performance and cost difference would be appreciated,

Thanks,
    Guy
  • Hi,

yes, you could use emWin also on a STM32 without the Chrome Art accelerator (DMA2D). The interface to the DMA2D is not part of the emWin library it is placed in the LCDConf.c which provides the interface to the hardware.
    If you use a hardware without DMA2D you will have to adapt the LCDConf.c.

Because the STM32F103 is a Cortex-M3 I guess you would need a different set of libraries. The ones used for a STM32 with DMA2D are most likely compiled for a Cortex-M4. Maybe Keil can help you here to provide you with a library for the STM32F103.

Regards,
    Sven
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.